New academic year has just started and so have new goals and ambitions being set for the year. Every year at this time, as students we want to chalk out a goal plan and achieve it, but not every year are we able to achieve it. Then, there are rough patches during the journey of achievements. But have you ever noticed why do we face so many hurdles in our lives as students? What is that which makes it difficult to clear the simplest of things? The main reason is because we feel the pressure within to the extent that instead of doing things simply, we complicate them. Rather than keeping our goals simple and to the point, we add a lot of terms and conditions to them and eventually failing to achieve them. Of course, as students we don’t have to just be focused on studies, but also on extra-curricular activities and indeed this is the time for us to learn being simple from outside as well as from within.
Here are a few tips which can help you to cultivate the habit of practicing simplicity:
- Clear and simple goals: Write down the goals you want to achieve in this year and keep them as simple as possible. Do not confuse yourself by writing the same goal in two or three different ways. If you feel clarity isn’t there, then give yourself some time to think about how can you simplify your goals.
- Stop being judgmental: As a race, we have this habit of passing judgments about everything in life like about people who are around us, about someone’s clothing style or a teacher’s teaching style and so on. But we don’t realize that while doing so, we are actually becoming judgmental of our own life too. That’s how we start underrating ourselves and the actions we take in life. We start feeling unworthy or undeserving of good things in life. Hence, stop being judgmental about anything in life.
- Prioritize your Life: There are times when we are confused about which task or action requires our immediate attention and this is how we end up doing things in an unorganized manner. This in turn leads you towards complications for the left over tasks to be done. Hence, it is very important to first learn how to prioritize things in your life.
- Clean the clutter: We have wardrobes filled with things we don’t use at all. But still there are lying in and keep on piling. The more cluttered your external environment is, the more difficult it becomes for your internal environment to be simplistic. Hence, get rid off all those things you’re not using. May be those can be helpful to others.
- Start communicating with yourself simply: Self-communication plays a major role here because the more simply you think and talk to yourself, the more in a simple manner you can do your tasks. Make it a habit to speak to yourself in a very simple language and without creating any confusions. If there are two opposite thoughts you’re thinking at the same time, then it is time to let go off one with love.
- Get out of toxic relationships: Toxicity in relationships is harmful for your own personal growth. If you feel any relationship in your life always leaves you puzzled, then it is the right time now to put an end to it. This is because the more toxicity is present, the more you feel confused as clear communication is not present. For example, if there is a friend, who always confused you when you’re about to take any important decision in life, then it worth getting out of that friendship. This will help you to stabilize your own thoughts and energies.
Indeed, living a simple life these days has turned out to be complicated. But remember, that simplicity is present right within us, we just need to reach there.