10 Tips to clear Entrance Exams with Flying Colors
Entrance Exams fever is around the corner and the stress level to clear them is rising like the temperature. But, it is also the time to calm yourself from within and think out of the box to clear the exams. Of course, the pressure levels are high because the future of your career is dependent on this exam. But, still maintaining peace within can help you save a lot of sleepless nights. Here are a few tips which can come in handy while preparing for the big
1. Stop procrastination: Yes, this is the first most important step to start with. You may feel to leave a few topics and prepare for them just before a couple of days for the exam. But this can prove fatal. Rather than delaying, do it now. This will boost your confidence level as well as save you from the stress of constant rift going in your mind that still there are topics to be covered.
2. Know your strengths and weaknesses: Of course, we are humans and we will have strengths as well as weaknesses. One cannot expect themselves to be an all-rounder in each subject. Rather, identify your weaknesses before hand, so you have ample time to work on them. Playing to your strengths and sailing through the weaknesses is the best exam strategy you can bet on.
3. Time Management: How can one sail through the journey without managing their time effectively? As a student, manage your time and divide into how much time is required for the subjects where you need to work on more. Practice model papers to help you understand how will you manage your time with the real question paper.
4. Stay Physically Fit: Being mentally all charged up does not mean you should neglect your physical health. Proper diet and water intake is very important to maintain hydration in the body. This will help you to improve your focus levels as well as help you to keep yourself working for long hours. Keep eating more salads and fruits to maintain the hydration level of your body.
5. Prepare yourself in the Mind: To win any battle, one needs to first win it in the mind. Creative visualization of writing your papers easily can help you let go off the exam anxiety. There are times when after preparing well for the exams, still there is anxiety in the mind. But, when you practice the exam in your mind, this can be sorted and confidence levels can be boosted.
6. Syllabus Check: Keep yourself updated with the syllabus of the exams. Don’t make it a habit to run a week before in understanding what are inclusions and exclusions of your course study. Rather, pre-hand prepare yourself for all of this and keep yourself
7. Maintaining speed and accuracy: It is indeed necessary to know what is your speed and accuracy to solve the papers. Keep practicing model paper to identify it and then make changes accordingly. This will save you from feeling pressured during the
8. Keep a positive attitude before the exam: Most of the students have the habit of revising with their peers just before entering the exam hall. This sometimes creates a panic situation where you realize that there are some more points to be covered. This can become the reason of your anxiety. Rather, just keep a positive attitude and stay focused on what you’ve studied. This will help you to even think during the exam for the questions you feel are difficult.
9. Run through the question paper easily: After receiving the question paper for the exam, don’t just jump on writing it. Take five minutes to identify which answers you know at the tip of your fingers and which ones will take time. This way you can manage your time to first write the ones you know and then take time for the difficult ones.
10. Meditate if possible: Meditating a day before the exams can help you open new channels of knowledge in your mind. Also, it will help you to recollect all that you’ve learnt. Even topics you feel need revision can be recollected easily. Remember, our mind is a power house. Supply it with the right kind of energy and you will sail through easily and effortlessly.